Please read our web page as it is our most current source of communication. No newsletters are sent home. Our office hours are 7:30 am - 4:00 pm. If you have any questions, please call 253.530.1900 -- press zero to bypass our voicemail.
Spring Break 4/14-18 The office will be closed but please leave a message as staff may be available at various intervals.
Last Day Sch: 6/19
|4/29||MSP ONLY for Science Assessment for 8th Graders|
|4/30||Job Shadow and Make Up for MSP 8th Gr Science|
|5/16||Walk-The-Ridge - Afternoon walk|
|5/12||VPO - Last Meeting for 2013-14 at 1:45|
|5/19-6/6||Window for Smarter Balance field test-math & ELA (previously MSP)|
||Parent Night-New 6th Graders (parents of new students welcome) 6-7 PM|
|6/18|| 8th Grade Moving On Ceremony 7 pm at PHS
Picking up your student early? Please send your student with a note in the morning--she will be waiting for you on time in the office.
Check your student's meal plans: get an id# call 253.530.1014 www.mymealtime.com
- Trimester I: 9/4 - 11/27
- Trimester II: 12/2 - 3/14
- Trimester III: 3/17 - 6/19
PSD website: psd401.net
2014-2015 School year student transfers
As we prepare for the re-districting of our elementary schools and make plans to accommodate the explosive growth taking place in Gig Harbor North, new out-of-district transfer requests will be impacted as follows:
- No new out-of-district transfers will be accepted at grades K through 5
- No new out-of-district transfers will be accepted at Harbor Ridge Middle School
Fillable transfer forms and school district transfer policies are available online at www.psd401.net at the Family scroll down menu under the Transfers tab. Completed forms must be returned to the District office via email, post, or drop-off, no later than April 30th. If you have questions, please call Roxann Tallman at 253-530-1007.
Secondary Supplemental Reading List 2014
This spring, middle and high school teachers and librarians from across the district collaborated to revise our Supplemental Reading List to supplement the new edition of the SpringBoard curriculum and Common Core State Standards.
The purposes of the project are:
- to support teachers, librarians, parents, and students in choosing high-quality, engaging novels at each grade level for independent reading, literature circles, and/or reading support.
- to deepen student understanding and application of themes and strategies in the curriculum.
- to support the Common Core State Standards requirements that students read more complex texts more frequently.
It is preferable to make an appointment with our office manager, Lena Rudquist at 253.530.1905. If you would like to tour our school please call to schedule an appointment.
**ALL forms CLICK HERE and SCROLL DOWN for all the forms and turn them in along with proof of residence (a bill with your name & address.)
Highly Capable Testing